OFFICE MANAGER FOR INTEGRATIVE MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional office manager to join our team of holistic mental health practitioners. Integrative Mental Health Center is a group of naturopathic doctors who are truly passionate about what we do. We are focused on finding the right person for our office manager role. Our office is located in the lush and quiet are of North Scottsdale near Hayden and Shea Blvd.
This position is full-time at $21 per hour. We require previous administrative experience and/or MA/phlebotomy in a medical or mental health office.
The right person for the job has excellent interpersonal skills and has the ability to thrive even under pressure. This job naturally involves handling multiple tasks at once, and requires good prioritization and organizational skills. Primary job responsibilities include interactive patient care at check-in and check-out, managing phone calls, and assisting the practitioners in administrative tasks, including scheduling, billing, and simple marketing tasks. The 3 most important qualities of the right person for this position is ability to multitask, to be flexible with change, and to and maintain a positive attitude even when managing stressful situations. We are looking for someone with a background/training as a medical assistant or phlebotomist, who can aid with administering IV therapy, removing acupuncture needles, and aiding in other therapeutic modalities when necessary.
Because this is a mental health office, one challenge of this position is that our patients occasionally call when they are experiencing high levels of anxiety, depression, anger, or distress. Our administrative/medical assistant must have a professional demeanor, with the ability to be compassionate no matter what, while maintaining good boundaries so as to not become overwhelmed. Some of these skills can be improved over time, and some of them are simply based in the right personality. We are looking for the right person, along with the right skills for the job.
If you think you are the perfect fit for this position, please email your resume, and in the body of the email, tell us why you would be the right person for the job. Emails sent without this information will not be considered. Please see the full job description below.
We look forward to meeting you!
SPECIFIC CLERICAL JOB DUTIES:
• Answering phones, greeting patients, routing calls to appropriate staff, scheduling patient appointments.
• Assisting as needed in coordination of care with collaborating doctors/counselors/clinicians.
• Creating invoices in EHR and sending them to patients when needed.
• Preparing homeopathic remedies and selling natural medicines to patients.
• Calling in prescription orders as directed by prescribing physician.
• Receiving lab results and other documents via fax or email, uploading documents to EHR, and informing practitioner of documents received.
• Checking emails and voicemails from patients and providers, and responding appropriately.
• Scheduling and administering monthly office meetings to check in about the job, review status of various tasks, and discuss ways of improving current protocols if needed.
• Coordinating and faxing lab orders.
• Entering patient charges and verifying charges, reconciling charges as directed.
• Maintaining office equipment and maintaining office supplies, reordering as appropriate.
• Communicating with patients and consistently documenting the outcome of patient interactions related to clinical care.
• Listening to patient concerns and needs, and directing patient to a satisfactory outcome.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES:
- Preparing IV Nutrient Bags, as instructed by the attending physician
- Prepping the IV area and incoming patient for an IV, including collecting patient vitals
- Administering IV Therapy to patients as directed by the attending physician
- Removing IV needles, monitoring IV patients during drips, switching out IV solution bags when necessary
- Administering intramuscular injections of vitamin solutions
- Removing acupuncture needles at the conclusion of treatment
- Conducting constitutional hydrotherapy sessions independently as per the attending physician’s instructions
- Conducting biofrequency sessions independently as per the attending physician’s instructions
- High School Diploma, GED or Certificate equivalent
- One year minimum of professional experience in a medical office
- Background/training as a medical assistant, phlebotomist (specific IV certification will be provided)
- Proficiency in English language and good language communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, and respond to instructions, correspondence and memos
- Comfort with presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to work in a sitting position at the front desk for 8 hours
- Comfort with answering phones throughout the day
- Typing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Integrity, honesty, authenticity, and professionalism
- Excellent customer service skills, with comfort/ability to deescalate emotional clients/patients, and show consistent compassion and kindness even if under stress
- Comfort with reaffirming and setting boundaries with patients on behalf of the doctors
- Ability to prioritize so that patient needs are being met in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Gmail
- Comfort with using computers, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- Comfort with processing credit card payments
- Experience with Charm EHR or ability to learn quickly using EHR computer programs
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Clerical/Medical Assistant
- Education: High School or greater, medical assistant/phlebotomy training preferred
- Experience: Past medical/mental health office experience
- Manages Others: No
- Industry: Medical/Mental Health/Naturopathic
- Required Travel: None, but must have car
- Compensation: $21.00/hour